Infusion Services: Delivering intravenous medications.
Infusion therapy can be delivered in the convenience of your home.
When a patient requires medications and IV hydration, it isn’t always necessary or cost-effective to apply that treatment in a hospital setting. That’s where Express Vital Care comes in. Our program provides intravenous medications and IV hydration that can be delivered and administered at a patient’s home or at a clinic. We bring 15 years of competency in clinical home infusion therapy, supported by a state-of-the-art compound facility as well as 24-hour access to our pharmacy and nurses. This cost-effective intravenous medication administration program is a win for everyone.
What is infusion therapy?
Intravenous medication administration or intravenous fluid therapy may be required following a patient hospital stay or as a prolonged treatment of a chronic condition such as cancer, AIDS, hemophilia, heart disease, nutritional defects, neuropathies, pain and more. That’s when a specialty infusion therapy provider, such as Express Vital Care, steps in to continue care. Express Pharmacy mixes the compound requested by your physician. The physician decides whether in-clinic or at home infusion therapy is best. Then a registered nurse administers the IV to the patient.
Medications and services provided during infusion therapy:
- Anti-Viral Drugs
- Hemophilia Factors
- Hepatitis Therapy
- Immune Globulins (IVIG)
- Inotropic Therapy/Cardiac Care Medication
- Monoclonal Antibodies
- Pain Management
- Total Parenteral Nutrition TPN
- Other Injectable Therapies
- Maintenance and Medication Refills for Implantable Pumps
Our qualifications and capabilities
Express Vital Care is a comprehensive resource for infusion therapy, from the moment we receive the therapy request to the time therapy concludes. Our qualifications and capabilities include:
- State-of-the-art IV compounding facilities
- A wide range of products, concentrations and strengths
- Written protocols for the safe administration of the infused drugs
- Use of the most current pharmaceuticals, technology and infusion techniques available
- Class 100 clean rooms
- Pharmacist with years of experience dealing with infusion therapy
- Certified technician trained exclusively to deal with infusion therapy